Dubai South is the development currently under construction in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It will be an economic zone to support a number of activities including logistics, aviation, commercial, exhibition, humanitarian, residential and other related businesses around Al Maktoum International Airport with the planned annual capacity of 12 million tonnes of cargo and 160 million passengers. The construction area is two times the size of Hong Kong Island.
Overview of the major residential projects underway in Dubai South – the vast area close to the Expo 2020 site and the new airport which is currently attracting investments from all over the world.
Major reasons to invest in Dubai South
- Billions of dollars are being invested by the Dubai & UAE Governments to develop the Expo 2020 site and related infrastructure. The vast majority of this investment will take place from 2017 – early 2020; and 2017 is the year that major work will commence. Post Expo, the Government plans to start shifting some of the major events & exhibitions from the current Expo Center along Sheikh Zayed Road.
- The new airport, potentially the largest in the world when fully operational is a needed infrastructure that will allow Dubai to maintain and grow its lead as the busiest airport hub in the world, currently catering to about 80 million passengers annually. Fly Dubai is already moving its entire base of operations here.
- Dubai South is very close to Dubai Parks & Resorts – the major theme park that opened its first phase in late 2016. The Government of Dubai aims to increase the current 14 million tourists a year to 20 million by 2020 and Dubai South / the new airport / Expo 2020 is a major part of this strategy.
- Dubai South itself is being billed as a future major hub / city of Dubai and will offer a mix of residential, commercial and hospitality real estate. Demand for housing will be driven mainly from the Airport & logistics economy.
Mag 5 Boulevard
- This was the first major project launched in Dubai South; is it being developed by Mag Group – which are a large local developer with projects developed across the city including in Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Lake Towers.
- Mag 5 consists of 13 low-rise buildings built around a court-yard, park and other community facilities.
For More details about Mag 5 Boulevard